Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Yay! I finally started our blog!

Well, here it is... my very first blog post. It's pretty exciting... I don't even know what to say. Should I introduce us? Should my first post be a recap or present day? Sam said I'm on my own here, so I guess I'll start with a short introduction:
In January 2004, Sam and I met disco skating at Classic Skating in Orem Utah. (He always tells people we met at our BYU singles ward, but that's not true... it was disco skating.) We were engaged in August and then got married December 28th, 2004 in the Birmingham Alabama Temple. After graduating from BYU (he in accounting, and I in landscape design) we moved to Atlanta. Sam works for one of the big 4 accounting companies, and I stay at home with our sweet little boy Caden. He was tough to get here (2 IUI's and 2 IVF's), but we are eternally grateful that he is now a part of our family!

Here are a few random pictures of Sam and I throughout the years. They are some of my favorites.


Our first Halloween together. We were gangsta's!

Here we are at a party in Regency, my old apartment complex.


Aww... our engagement picture... so sweet. Actually, Sam hates this picture. I don't know why? I love it! And since he opted out to help with the blog, it's going on here.


Here we are in front of the Birmingham Temple. I think the temperatures were in the 60's - in December! The whole day was absolutely perfect.

This is how we would have looked if we got married in Utah in December. Haha... j/k. We made these snow men of ourselves one time when we were visiting Sam's family in Rexburg. The funniest part is that Sam's snow man looks EXACTLY like his old roomate at BYU.


Our first Halloween as a married couple. Sam was a vampire, and I was his fairy victim (you can't see it, but there are bite marks and blood running down my neck).



Sam and I took a ballroom dancing class at BYU (that was when we were newlyweds and he couldn't say "no" to my pleadings). We were even in a dance competition!


We got to graduate together!


After graduation we spent a couple weeks in Idaho with Sam's family and took a trip to Yellowstone. It was amazing!


After Idaho we went to Vegas and then California. It's still one of our favorite vacations ever!


Here we are on the Santa Monica Pier. It was beautiful weather!


We usually take a beach trip every year with my family... it's so fun!!!


This Halloween we were stick people. My friend Ashley suggested this - I thought it was too funny.

Sam's company used to have a big Christmas party every year, and one year the theme was masquerade. Sam's mask was by far the best!


One of my favorite moments at Ed Castro Landscape - the Decorator's Show House. We got to do the large garden in the back and I was in charge of the annuals/perennials.


This is another favorite moment from my job - the Southeastern Flower Show. It was my second one to do, and again I was in charge of all the annuals/perennials. We won "best use of color" that year which was pretty awesome!


We have a tradition of making sugar cookies for Valentines Day. Somehow there always ends up being one Sam and one Courtney cookie.


Sam got to fulfill his dream of going to the Masters in Augusta. It was just the practice round, but he loved every moment of it!


Sam's parents came to visit us one year and we all went to Savannah. It was so much fun! We even ate at Paula Deen's restaurant - it was amazing!!!


Here we are doing family pictures at our annual Idaho trip. I love the summers in Idaho! Look, not a bead of sweat... :)



Our friends Brian and Kelly came to visit us for a few days. We went to the aquarium and to a Falcons game. Remember the snow man? Well that's Brian - see the resemblance?

We didn't dress up too much for this Halloween party. By this time I was ginormous and felt perfectly content to just paint a t-shirt. Caden was born just 4 days later! Which brings me to the end of this post.

Whew!... that was a lot of catch up. You'll be glad to know that the rest of my posts will probably be mostly of Caden - since he's the one most of you want to see anyways. :)

Thanks for reading the first of my new blog!

1 comment:

  1. Yay! I'm glad you joined the blogging world. I liked your recap I look forward to more pics :)

    ReplyDelete